Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet!!

OHhhhhhh how I LOVE conference weekend!!! It's a time you can lay around in you jammies all day (without feeling lazy) and hearing from the amazing men and women we sustain as General Authorities. I have got to say how AMAZING the MOTAB is, everytime I hear them sing I get goosebumps!! Especially when they sing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet".

There were SOOOOO many great talks, but I just want to express my feeling on the ones that touched my heart the most.
Elder Richard G. Scott gave the most beautiful talk on temple attendance. We hear so many stories about people in South America, Africa, and other countries that give up everything, sell EVERYTHING just so they can go to the temple once. For those that have a temple that is less than an hour away, do you take advantage of the privilege and blessings of having a temple so nearby. This apostle is an inspiration to me, he and his wife would go every week!!! Bradey and I use to do that when we first got married. I sat and pondered the reasoning behind not doing it as much anymore. Then she drooled all over me, and the other was making me very nauseated. Then I thought, "Am I using my children as an excuse to NOT partake in my temple blessings? Funny, they should be the REASON I DO it!" The reason we continually go back to the temple is to keep it fresh in our hearts, minds, and souls. Let's ALL make a commitment to go more often!!

Our newest apostle Elder Neil L. Andersen gave a wonderful talk also. But one of his quotes really stuck out to me. "You're a NOBODY. When you forget the Lord will quickly remind you." How true is that!! To me this means that never let pride and arrogance come into your heart, or you'll end up like Laman and Lemuel!!

I LOVED Elder Jeffery R. Holland's talk of the TRUE reason we celebrate Easter. There were so many things he said about Christ that I have never really thought about. Such as, Christ being ALONE to pay and suffer for my sins and sorrows. It was amazing.

And last, but most DEFINITELY not least is my FAVORITE apostle Dallin H. Oaks. He spoke of being selfless in all that you do, especially in your church callings. We go to church not to compare who has the best of things or who is or isn't doing what they are suppose to, but to give OURSELVES to others and to Christ. Service is what helps us become like Christ, and to find happiness in our lives. It was truly an AMAZING talk.


I just want to end with a funny little tid bit about Londyn. She doesn't understand what's going on when we watch conference, so she just plays and is her marry little self. But what I find SO completely AWESOME is that everytime a picture of Jesus Christ came across the screen or when Pres. Monson would speak, she STOPPED in her tracks and watched for a little while.
I'll say, "Do we love Jesus?" or "Do we love the prophet?" and she answers with a simple "yeah."
Children are a great blessing in life, and give you a whole different perspective on it.


I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. Can't wait for October to come by!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic conference. You hit it right on the money. All of those talks were truly amazing and inspiring. I can't wait for the Ensign so I can read them all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I LOVE that picture of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Followers