Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Month from HELL!!

I'm am SOOOOOO glad that this month is almost over, and hoping April will be better. Especially since our 2nd year anniversary and Londyn's first birthday are in that month!!

Let me explain why this month has been total hell for this Kendall family, although with trials come blessings. And the Lord has really blessed us at the same time.

The very first of the month our computer got a virus. It almost killed our hard drive. Bradey took it to some computer place down the road. The guy said we'd probably have to get a whole new computer! I was devastated. All of my pictures would be lost, everything from our wedding, Londyn's birth, and her entire first year would be lost. I've got to say I am very grateful for NERDS!!! The guy saved everything!!! and we didn't have to get a new computer!! Yay!!

Just a few days later my "morning sickness" (I've been calling it baby sickness) had really got the best of me. I had to go to the doctor's office because of dehydration. They put 2 litters of IV in me. I've been miserable with "baby sickness" this past month, this one is completely different from when I was pregnant with Londyn.

Then a week after that I received the most horrifying phone call a wife could ever get. I was putting Londyn down for her afternoon nap, it was just a typical Tuesday. Bradey called me, I thought it was to tell me what he wanted for dinner that night (because that's what my afternoon phone calls from him are always about!). He was so nonchalant about what he said, "Babe, I kinda fell of a pole. They're bringing in an ambulance just for pre-caution. So you might want to head to the hospital in American Falls." I replied, "I am not going to drive 20 minutes just cause you slipped on a pole." 15 minutes later I was biting my tongue. One of his co-workers called me from Bradey's phone saying, "Alyssa, Bradey is being life flighted to the Portneuf Medical Center. He fell about 30 ft off a pole. He should be there really soon."
I was in TOTAL shock. All I could think was, "How could this be, I just talked to him . He seemed just fine. What happened." When I walked out the door to start the truck, the helicopter flew over my house. It hit me that something TERRIBLE has happened to my STUD! I grabbed Londyn and headed to the hospital, which is about 10 minutes away. The whole time I was praying, asking the Lord, NO TELLING him that he better be alright because I can't function without Bradey. He is my rock and my everything.
When I got to the ER, he looked at me. And the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "BABE, They cut up ALL of my brand new clothes, I had to BEG Them not to cut up my boots. This stupid stretcher in killing me, I just want to go HOME!!"
I'm thinking, " Well at least his head and brain are JUST FINE!!"
We waited for HOURS to get the CT and X-ray results back. Turns out he has a minor fracture on his L1 vertebrae (this is a very common vertebrae to fracture). This means that the top of it is chipped a bit.
The Lord's hand was definitely about him, because we've heard stories of Lineman falling like this, and they broke their legs or got a concussion. I tease him and say "it's a good thing you pay your tithing buddy!!" But I am truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for keeping my husband safe.
I am also grateful to and want to thank all the family and friends that helped out. And a very special thank you to Brother Anderson and Sparks for the blessing they gave to Bradey.

Bradey just went to the doctor last Wednesday, and is healing up nicely. He also went back to work last Thursday.

About a week and a half after his accident, Bradey got VERY sick It was horrible, because through all this I've been having some serious episodes of "baby sickness". Then the next day Londyn started the teething process. We've been through this before, but not as intense. We're hoping she'll FINALLY break some teeth through. Poor kid is in misery.

So that's my venting about this ugly month that we've had, but on a positive note we've has many great blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a terrible month. But you will all be stronger for it. Like you said, with trials come blessings. I hope your baby sickness goes away soon and that Londyn will get some teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this month will be better for you and your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete

Followers