Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We really missed our Daddy

Bradey has training, or "school" is what we call it, every six months up in Boise. And last week we had no Daddy for 4 days!! He left Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until Thursday evening. We had A LOT of activities planned to make the week go by quickly, although night time was the hardest. Londyn has a hard time going to bed if either one of us is gone, but especially her Dad. We made sure we had storytime with Daddy on the phone every night before we went to bed. It was SO priceless, because Londyn "read" to her Daddy each night, because he couldn't read to her. It melted my heart to see this bonding moment. Each morning she woke up and asked, "Mommy where's Daddy?" I'd say, "He's at work Honey." She'd get her whiny/crying voice out and say, "I wanna got to work too, and be with Daddy." Break my heart!! And there was nothing I could do about it because once he's in school there's no talking to him unti he gets back to his hotel room. Carter would wake up as well in the morning and yell for his Dad. It's a bit easier to divert a 19 month old's attention to something else. We'd play tickle monster or something to get him happy and going. But like I said we had TONS of activities to keep both kids happy each day.

Monday we went over to my Mom's house to play with my sisters kids. They had a lot of fun getting into everything! :)










































On Tuesday we went out to see Abbi and Alex's pigs and the cows that the pigs are by. My kids LOVE farm animals, but the day was REALLY windy, so we didn't get to stay very long .




































Wednesday we had dance class, achievement days, had a play date with a couple of boys who are my parents' neighbor, then headed to volleyball in the evening. I was SO proud of them all day long!! It was a VERY busy day and they did great!!




Thursday we had our very dear friends, the Carter family, come over and have a play date. My kids enjoyed playing outside all afternoon in the dirty!! :)



Bradey finally got home Thursday evening. Carter was SO jacked, Londyn was sleeping. Carter was pounding my front window when he say his Dad getting out of the car. HE was screaming, "Dad, Dad, DAD!!" I took him outside and he ran to his Dad like there was no tomorrow!! :) It adorable. We woke up the next day and took advantage of the beautiful day. We took the kids to the park. They didn't want anything to do with me, so I was behind the camera the entire time. As you can tell by the pictures they had pure joy playing at the playground with their dad! I enjoyed watching. It really made me fall more in love with Bradey watching him be an amazing father that he is. It's no rare occasion to see these moments, but not seeing him daily was really hard on all of us.



















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers